Arts and Culture Award of Distinction
Applications are welcome from small and large non-profit organizations that enrich Alberta’s arts and culture scene. This award recognizes a cultural and art organization that demonstrates outstanding achievement and contribution to their community and at the same time develops business acumen and management practices to ensure their long term sustainability.
If you would like to nominate a business or organization please proceed to the nominate page.
Award applicants are not required to be a member of an Alberta Chamber of Commerce.
In order to be eligible, your submission must be received by the Alberta Chambers of Commerce office no later than 4:00 p.m., November 14, 2016. Due to the number of entries received, entry packages cannot be returned. If unable to submit your application electronically, please submit a printed copy of this form and all other documents to the following:
2017 Alberta Business Awards of Distinction
c/o Alberta Chambers of Commerce
1808 – 10025 – 102A Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 2Z2
General Eligibility Requirements
To be a valid entry in the Alberta Business Awards of Distinction, your business must:
- have operated in Alberta for a minimum of three years
- be operating in Alberta and continue to do so at the time of the awards presentation
- employ Albertans to produce art & cultural performances, exhibitions or experiences
- not have won in the same category in the past three years
- not have anyone in your management, on your board, or in your employ serving on the Alberta Business Awards of Distinction judging committee for this category
- be registered as a non-profit organization in Alberta
- demonstrate good financial management practices
Specific Eligibility Requirements
In addition to the General Eligibility, applicants must meet the following specific requirements. To begin your application process, please provide details for each requirement as it relates to your organization in the space provided.
- community involvement over and above their main endeavour
- operate year round
- foster greater visibility and understanding of the value of arts & culture
- encourage excellence and build new leadership within the arts & culture community
- excellent working relationships and involvement within the business community
To begin your application process, please provide concise details for each requirement as it relates to your organization in the space provided. All fields are required.
STEP TWO: The Premier’s Award of Distinction form is mandatory to apply for this award and must be completed.