Young Entrepreneur Award of Distinction
The Young Entrepreneur Award recognizes outstanding achievement by young entrepreneurs. The award is given to the business that best exemplifies the qualities of effective leadership, innovatively applied know-how, and excellent potential for growth, shows a high level of social, cultural, and environmental awareness and has demonstrated commitment to the wider community; and engages in continuous learning or other improvement opportunities designed to advance the economic, social, and environmental prospects of the enterprise.
If you would like to nominate a business or organization please proceed to the nominate page.
Award applicants are not required to be a member of an Alberta Chamber of Commerce.
In order to be eligible, your submission must be received by the Alberta Chambers of Commerce office no later than 4:00 p.m., October 31, 2017. Due to the number of entries received, entry packages cannot be returned. If unable to submit your application electronically, please submit a printed copy of this form and all other documents to the following:
2018 Alberta Business Awards of Distinction
c/o Alberta Chambers of Commerce
1808 – 10025 – 102A Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 2Z2
General Eligibility Requirements
To be a valid entry in the Alberta Business Awards of Distinction, your business must:
- have operated in Alberta for a minimum of three years
- be operating in Alberta and continue to do so at the time of the awards presentation
- employ Albertans to produce goods and/or provide services
- not have won in the same category in the past three years
- not have anyone in your management, on your board, or in your employ serving on the Alberta Business Awards of Distinction judging committee for this category
Specific Eligibility Requirements
In addition to the General Eligibility, applicants must meet the following specific requirements.
- Two or more persons may be nominated if their contributions to the business are considered equally significant
- The nominee(s) must be under the age of 35
- The nominee(s) must have played a direct and primary role in the planning and establishment of the business, and currently be operating it in a leadership capacity
- The business must demonstrate financial viability and sound potential for growth
To begin your application process, please provide concise details for each requirement as it relates to your organization in the space provided. All fields are required.
STEP TWO: The Premier’s Award of Distinction form is mandatory to apply for this award and must be completed.